This page will be updated as we work through the various projects that come our way from our community. Please be sure to use our Resident Forms page to submit your request/complaint/suggestion so we can address the topic. Requests, complaints, suggestions, verbally given will not be acted upon until formally written to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted through the website.
- HOA Board Election and Designation of Duties: Five board members were voted on by the community, of which three are officers and two are directors at large. The board members have been confronting all of the topics below with gusto and have made significant improvements. See below for all status updates.
- Forms and Processes: We created forms for use for the board communications. Stationery, templates, Architecture Review Forms, Community Notices, etc. We put in place processes for Warranty Repair, community complaints, rules for request for hearing etc. based on other managed communities.
- Fine Structure: We created a fine structure congruent to the CIS documents and communities like our own. We submitted these to the city for legal permission to assess fines. We have issued notification to residents in violation of various architectural and community standards that have been brought to our attention by other residents. These fines are put in place to ensure conformity and to maintain a beautiful and cohesive community along with ensuring resident complaints are taken into careful consideration.
- Budget: We balanced our budget to understand actual costs in comparison to the ineffective budget that was left to us by BCC. As of June, we paid off all outstanding debts aside from those owed to Team Group Systems, which amount to $8,000. A payment plan is in place to pay down this debt. Our income is more stable as we’ve been able to collect outstanding dues and payments that residents were late in paying.
- Auto Draft: We changed our bank accounts to obtain access to a free service to receive auto draft payments of both HOA dues and Water bills. About half our residents have opted into this convenient service that eliminates late penalties, and provides us with the necessary consistent income to ensure that we don’t ever incur late fees for services that require up-front payment (Landscaping, water, maintenance, etc). You may find the form in the Resident’s secion of the website.
- Towing: We initiated a contract with a towing company to ensure clear fire lanes and eliminate the nuisance of blocked driveways for residents, and conform to city law ensuring non-blocked paths to homes within our community. Fire trucks have come to our community twice to ensure this, and both times were able to get through due to residents recognizing this importance of this requirement.
- Entry Gate: We programmed resident information in the front entry gate and provided each unit (that provided us with their details per our request) with a personal access code. We also provided emergency and postal services with a passcode as well, along with a special box to allow emergency vehicle entry to our community.
- Architecture Requests: We have approved and denied requests that have been submitted for changing external items to resident units. These approvals are required before any external changes are made to your unit. We take each request very seriously and expend a lot of time to align our community’s CIS documents with the wants and requests of each resident. It is important to remember that ANY change external to your unit requires a form to be submitted per our CIS documents, and failure to do so exposes residents to having to put everything back to the original state at owner expense.
- Landscaping: We vetted multiple landscape bids by walking through our community and meeting personally the managers of each bid. We voted and initiated a contract with Greater Texas that is both budget-friendly and efficacious. Landscaping began on June 11th, 2013. Any obstructions in your yard that prohibits service (pets, furniture and grills on grass areas) will be deemed unserviceable and fined accordingly.
- Recycling: We contracted with a recycling company to provide recycling for residents.
- Doggie Porter Service: We discontinued this service in favor of cost-savings. It was costing the HOA $80 per month for poop baggies. We own the stand however, and pet owners are more than welcome to fill this stand with extra baggies.
- HOA Mailbox: We have affixed an HOA mailbox at the mailbox area. You can use this to submit comments/complaints, architectural review requests, and other HOA forms. This box will be checked once weekly.
- Memorial Day BBQ: We celebrated our first official neighborhood gathering for Memorial Day Weekend!
- Parking: We have painted the Guest Parking spaces with the word GUEST to ensure these spaces are reserved for parking of resident guests ONLY. Any resident car parking in these 16 spaces will be towed at Owner’s Expense.
- Garbage/Recycling at door. The board has completed the transition of moving the recycling bins away from the mail area to reduce community refuse being in view. All garbage and recycling is conducted on Tuesdays, waste pickup once a week, recycling every other week.
- Website: We created and designed a professional website for prospective buyers and residents, with a resident portal for residents to find forms, documents, guidelines, solutions, and a way to communicate complaints, suggestions, and feedback.
- Social Media: We took ownership of Facebook page, and created a Facebook Closed Group for members to discuss items informally.
- Email Communications: We created an email marketing program to keep residents up to date with all community announcements. We also consolidated resident information and created a contact database with all resident information easily accessible to the board.
- Project Management: We have installed and learned how to use our project management software to ensure that tasks are delegated, completed, and everything is kept organized and accountable.
- The attached units are receiving a special assessment to paint the trim, garages, and freshen up the look of these units.